Rebel Battalion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Rebel Battalion

Richland High School's Rebel Battalion JROTC Official Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Academic Team

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
j_trimble
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Male Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Academic Team Empty
PostSubject: Academic Team   Academic Team Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 6:15 pm

Academic team is one of the more unknown teams here at RHS, for when most people think of JROTC, they think of marching, rifles, shooting and drill teams. But we do have a Academic team as well. Academic team is a more low-impact team then others, seeing as how your competitions are generally indoors and involves more using your minds and knowledge then your muscles, but we play a strong role as well. Academic team members are generally more up-to-date on current events and have more general knowledge about current events, US History, the Constitution, laws, various facets of the military, and many other topics. The people who do best here are those who have the most general knowledge. Memorizing wont do you much good here, there's too much ground to cover.

This year's Academic team for JROTC consists of, at the moment, mself, c/1LT Trimble, and c/1LT Hudson (on an interim basis). We generally have 5-8 cadets on this team, though last year we had 4. I would like to get more cadets involved in this, seeing as how Academic Team hasn't really done anything in the past besides last year, in which we placed 6th in the only competition we went to, and got the only medal we came back with. That team consisted of myself, c/1LT Hudson, c/CPT Hugo Contrares, and c/CPT Spencer Martinez. Seeing as how the latter 2 no longer attend RHS, I would love to get at least 2 more people in this team, preferably 3 to 5. If you're interested, please let me, c/LTC Patterson (your Battalion Commander, in other words), Sgt Kruschke, or Captain Harris know, and we will see about getting you up to speed and on the team.

Last edited by j_trimble on Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/adrunkenmexican
r_warwick
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Male Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Academic Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Academic Team   Academic Team Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 6:16 pm

im interested, though i cant devote as much time as im already in pt and color guard
Back to top Go down
j_trimble
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Male Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Academic Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Academic Team   Academic Team Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 6:22 pm

I can understand that
You'll be best off focusing on your PT and Colorguard
cause in all honesty
You need to know a lot for Academic Team
and its all pretty much random stuff from just about every category you can imagine
current events, US History, the Constitution, various laws, various facets of the military
and then you have totally random stuff that pops in every now and then.
so the best way to excel in Academic is to have very good general knowledge
and you either have that or you don't.
I would love to test you (or anyone) to see if you're good for the academic team
but I dont want to interfere with your other teams.
Thank you for the interest, though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/adrunkenmexican
Sponsored content

Academic Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Academic Team   Academic Team Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Academic Team
Page 1 of 1