Rebel Battalion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Rebel Battalion

Richland High School's Rebel Battalion JROTC Official Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What Would You Do...

Go down 
+4
d_trevino
J_Buisman
j_welborn
n_leyva
8 posters
AuthorMessage
n_leyva
Captain
Captain

Male Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-05-30

What Would You Do... Empty
PostSubject: What Would You Do...   What Would You Do... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 12:21 am

If the government took over?

I asked somebody this question today, and they said they would kill themselves. I was almost appalled. I thought "You'd take the easy way out? You'd give up on everything this country's been built on, everything we've ever tried to work towards, because you're lazy?"

Then I asked myself; "What would you do, Nick?"

And I realized that I'd be terrified, I'd stay low, stay hidden, stay under the radar. But then I realized that I would never be silenced. I would never stop resisting, all the way until the very end. Not for my sake- but for the sake of those born into oppression. I would not be able to live having once known freedom and seeing my children, other children, live without. I wouldn't be capable of it.

So, what would you do? And I don't mean what would you want to do. Be honest with yourself, because if you have to lie to yourself you've no chance in this world. What would you do, truly? Would you stand? Could you stand? This is not a question of Standing or Falling either, but one of what would you do? Maybe you would live with it, maybe you would never accept it, but never speak out, maybe you would wait for someone to help you speak out, be truthful.
Back to top Go down
j_welborn
Private No Insignia
Private No Insignia

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Do...   What Would You Do... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 11:00 am

Wow Nick that's powerful. Mainly I think that I would go through the stages that a person with a terminal illness would go through accept the acceptness asspect of it. We fought for the right of freedom and to have someone just up and say oh sorry no freedom for you is just plain... offensive.
Back to top Go down
J_Buisman
Corporal
Corporal

Female Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Do...   What Would You Do... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 7:22 pm

I'm not totally sure how I would react. But if someone just came up to me and said that we no longer have freedom, I might just start freaking out. I'll probably throw out some "questionable" words and get really upset about it. But then, who knows? Nobody can really say what they would do until it happens, I just hope that it doesn't. In any case, I believe every one of us would be really angry and resist at one point or another. I just think that I wouldn't have the strength and confidence to resist by myself, so if there were others alongside me, I believe that I would definetly resist.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace/com/typokid
d_trevino
Private No Insignia
Private No Insignia

Male Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Do...   What Would You Do... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 6:31 pm

I would stand up for what i believe in, stand up for who i am. I wouldn't take no for an answer.
I would fight to the end, dieing for what i so rightly stand for, and that is freedom.
Back to top Go down
D_Hoffman
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Male Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Do...   What Would You Do... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 8:53 pm

you know nick honestly i think that any man who has to ask him self "what would i do" is truly UN American and has no clue what freedoms have been given to him or her i think they should be over ran but sum of us that understand truly what freedom is would stand and fight for the America that our for fathers fought for...for freedom is not just a word but and action of many who stand as one
Back to top Go down
m_munday
Private No Insignia
Private No Insignia

Male Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Do...   What Would You Do... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 2:38 pm

I think that we would be screwed if the government took over. Our country is barely a democracy anymore. All we do is vote for the president pretty much and then the president takes over it from there. That's about it.

Hopefully Obama or McCain wont be like that. BUT THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN NOW WILL IT!?!

There isn't such a thing as democracy in the U.S. these days. The government wont let us decide on anything except for leaders(such as president, governor, mayor, etc.)

THE PEOPLE CAN'T DECIDE ON ANYTHING ANYMORE!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mbm2012
R_Toben
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Female Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Do...   What Would You Do... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 1:14 am

I've read George Orwell's 1984, and when asked this, the situation in the book was all that came to mind.

There is nothing left for a person, I believe, when they've had that freedom taken away.
When America is ruled like China, and customs take form of more 'primitive' socities', what else do we have to look upon?
Our very essence is in our freedom, our choices - our way of life is nothing more than being spoiled in the ways of the world.

As much as I would /like/ to fight for what I believe in, however, I would not want to become a forgotten martyr with the rest of the rebellious youth you see before you.
If this situation were to arise, wouldn't all opposition be destroyed almost immediately?
Would the chances of our survival not plummet?
America was once a super power. Our government /does/ have the means to rule completely. It /does/ have the means to listen in to our conversations, halt all free-flowing enterprise, freeze bank accounts, bar choices, legalize a hierarchy, and run things 'their' way.

Would I really want the new government to take all that I had left from me - my very life?

It would seem, in that instance, that my own breath would be all that I had left in my control.

Mind you, I wouldn't off myself immediately.
I'd do what I could to get my way, (per usual. I'm stubborn, and spoiled.)
But, when the situation turned for the worst...

Yes, I would rather take my own life, than see it torn from me.
Back to top Go down
r_warwick
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Male Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Do...   What Would You Do... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 9:06 pm

better to die on foot then live on your knees- Jose Marti, and Emiliano Zapata

what would I do? I'd get with other people with like minded ambition, we'd organize, we'd get locked and loaded, we'd learn what it is to be a guerrilla. I'd fight as our very foes in Iraq and Vietnam have, like other paramilitary organizations have in the past.

we'd force them to wage a war of attrition, drag it on until they tire, and then engage in open warfare when they are sufficiently weakened. my own death? i prefer to focus on the deaths of my foes, and how i will inflict them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Do...   What Would You Do... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Would You Do...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rebel Battalion :: Fun Chat :: General-
Jump to: