Rebel Battalion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Rebel Battalion

Richland High School's Rebel Battalion JROTC Official Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

who's going into the service?

Go down 
+3
J_Lovelace
J_Buisman
r_warwick
7 posters
AuthorMessage
r_warwick
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Male Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-08-27

who's going into the service? Empty
PostSubject: who's going into the service?   who's going into the service? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 5:34 pm

about time something like this showed up. lets not diss each others preferences please, but just share a bit!

For those that aren't aware, I want to be an officer in the USMC, through the NROTC scholarship. Schools i'll applyto Include The Citadel, Norwich, Texas A&M, and OU.
Im considering the Naval Academy only if i'm guaranteed to go the Marine Corps,and not shafted into the Navy.
once commissioned, I think i'll gun for straight up infantry, head up a rifle platoon, see how things go from there.
Back to top Go down
J_Buisman
Corporal
Corporal

Female Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: who's going into the service?   who's going into the service? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 6:43 pm

That's good for you, Warwick. I'm proud to hear that there are people who want to fight in the war. But as for me, I thought about going into the National Guard, but I want to wait until my senior year to make anything final, but I doubt I'll be going into the military. I'm seriously afraid about going overseas. I don't want to die, but I want to be a cop. Very contradicting, I know. But I want to help people here in the U.S. rather than be overseas. It just seems I would be more helpful here, than there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace/com/typokid
J_Lovelace
Private No Insignia
Private No Insignia

Male Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: who's going into the service?   who's going into the service? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 6:53 pm

I have been wanting to join the Marines ever since 5th grade. I really don't care what rank or position but i really want to be there.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
j_donnelly
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Male Number of posts : 50

PostSubject: Re: who's going into the service?   who's going into the service? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 1:14 am

I will actually be enlisting in the Army probably this month.
I'll be joining as an UAV (unmanned aerial vehicle) Operator 15W.
I'm so pumped for this. I go to MEPS on monday I think.
Back to top Go down
D_Hoffman
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Male Number of posts : 17

PostSubject: Re: who's going into the service?   who's going into the service? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 12:54 am

well im thinking about army 82 airborne just sounds fun to me it sounds fun...and no Warwick it wasn't me who said you'd have to be crazy to jump from planes i have no problem with it lol
Back to top Go down
J_Buisman
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: who's going into the service?   who's going into the service? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 10:18 am

I could'nt imagine jumping out of planes. I get terrified enough from 30 ft. Poles---JCLC refrence....
Back to top Go down
r_warwick
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: who's going into the service?   who's going into the service? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 6:11 pm

D_Hoffman wrote:
well im thinking about army 82 airborne just sounds fun to me it sounds fun...and no Warwick it wasn't me who said you'd have to be crazy to jump from planes i have no problem with it lol
Hoffman, im going to start tape recording you everytime you say any comment about anything you amnesiac! drunken haha
Back to top Go down
D_Hoffman
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Male Number of posts : 17

PostSubject: Re: who's going into the service?   who's going into the service? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 11:36 pm

well i can promise it wasn't me cause i have no problem with it i don't like heights but who does and just the thought of jumping from 3000 feet in the air can give any man who's never done the chills
Back to top Go down
j_welborn
Private No Insignia
Private No Insignia

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: who's going into the service?   who's going into the service? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 11:04 am

I don't know whether to go into the Air Force like my granfather or the Army like my older sister.
Back to top Go down
r_warwick
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: who's going into the service?   who's going into the service? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 6:36 pm

welborn, heres some questions to ask yourself:
how do you feel about possibly being in a dangerous situation?
do you like flying, are afraid of heights?
what kind of grades do you get?
do you want to study engineering, math and science?
Is comfortable living quarters important to you?
do you like getting down in the dirt?
Are you physically fit, or wouldnt mind getting there?
Do you like army Class A or that civilian looking thing they wear in the air force?
that should narrow down your service preference a bit. Cool
Back to top Go down
b_vinson
Private No Insignia
Private No Insignia

Male Number of posts : 29

PostSubject: Re: who's going into the service?   who's going into the service? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 7:17 pm

I am going into the Airforce like my brother Smile
Back to top Go down
J_Buisman
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: who's going into the service?   who's going into the service? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 8:54 pm

Just remember that once you say that you'll be going into such and such branch, that does'nt make it final. Signing the paper does. So make sure that you think long and hard about it.

---I'm seriously not trying to convince you to change your mind, I'm just saying that these kind of things take a lot of thought.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: who's going into the service?   who's going into the service? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

who's going into the service?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rebel Battalion :: Fun Chat :: General-
Jump to: