Rebel Battalion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Rebel Battalion

Richland High School's Rebel Battalion JROTC Official Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Introduction thread

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
R_Hudson
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Female Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Introduction thread Empty
PostSubject: Introduction thread   Introduction thread Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 7:09 pm

I say we need to have an entire topic or something like that. That is completely devoted to introducing ourselves and getting to know each other.
Back to top Go down
j_donnelly
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Male Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Introduction thread   Introduction thread Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 7:16 pm

That does sound like a really good idea actually Rachel.
Back to top Go down
h_wood
Private
Private

Female Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Introduction thread   Introduction thread Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 8:17 am

I think it is.
You know how in role plays (If you're that much of a forum rat like myself and you role play) you have to post your profile of yourself, a picture your interests (When you joined JROTC, what your position is) and such so people aren't confused.
I know last year I was confused as to who people were even by name, I think if cadets are able to read up a little on their higher ups, they'll be able to know who they are and not mess up on things like the Staff questions and such and knowing who each other are. If I was able to read it, and see that person, I would have been WAY less confused.
For the people who know each other that's awesome but I think it'd be helpful to have an Intro Thread in the General chat area.

As they say, people learn by Reading, Hearing, and Seeing. If we don't provide one, the people who learn that certain way could be very confused. I'm more a reading and remembering person which is why I always messed up on who our S1-6 were and such, even with the packet you can't always match a face to a name so then the people who need to See something loose out, so it'd be a good idea to have a picture of yourself (In a little Direct Link from photobucket) on your little intro. I'm pretty sure most people have a picture of them self. If you don't, you can check out Digital Camera's from the School Library and do it there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduction thread   Introduction thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introduction thread
Page 1 of 1