Rebel Battalion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Rebel Battalion

Richland High School's Rebel Battalion JROTC Official Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

All Color Guards in a nutshell

Go down 
+3
h_wood
j_brown
g_roberson
7 posters
AuthorMessage
g_roberson
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Female Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-08-26

All Color Guards in a nutshell Empty
PostSubject: All Color Guards in a nutshell   All Color Guards in a nutshell Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 6:37 pm

as a color guard we represent the jrotc and the school because of this we expect alot. now with all the seroiusness in the world as a colorguard you will be able to been seen performed by hundreds of people so we practice every day minus tuesdays and fridays if your interested showing up to practice would be great. color guard is the group who present the flags at all major school events and activities so you ( if you make the team ) will get a class a jacket and a cord after meeting the requirements.
Back to top Go down
j_brown
Private No Insignia
Private No Insignia

Male Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: All Color Guards in a nutshell   All Color Guards in a nutshell Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 8:11 pm

Just wondering, but what are they requiremants we must meet?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/syco_dreamer
h_wood
Private
Private

Female Number of posts : 101

PostSubject: Re: All Color Guards in a nutshell   All Color Guards in a nutshell Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 8:17 pm

When are we really going to get started? I want to join Female Color Guard so badly but the time I showed up we did this forum or just stood there waiting, nothing productive.
Back to top Go down
r_warwick
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Male Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: All Color Guards in a nutshell   All Color Guards in a nutshell Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 8:56 pm

dont worry hannah, we just need to get big things out of the way before practice. it was even worse last year.
Brown, requirements for color guard are primarily your skill and qualification, as well as wether or not the team has an opening. the more recruits we get, the more competetive it is to get on the team.
Back to top Go down
j_brown
Private No Insignia
Private No Insignia

PostSubject: Re: All Color Guards in a nutshell   All Color Guards in a nutshell Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 8:58 pm

What skills and qualifacations are required?
Back to top Go down
h_wood
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: All Color Guards in a nutshell   All Color Guards in a nutshell Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 9:04 pm

Warwick you always spell my name wrong! Grrr! What's with that?
I think we need to get down to buisness through the whole corp and stop talking about stuff, no offence but I'm ready to do some stuff like D&C instead of constant sitting in chairs.
Back to top Go down
r_warwick
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: All Color Guards in a nutshell   All Color Guards in a nutshell Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 9:05 pm

coordination and skill with a M1903 Rifle(16 count manual)
coordination and skill with a flag
coordination and skill with executing marching, as well as navigating over obstacles and changing cir(umstances at ceremonies(since you never know what or who is going to change the whole set up and get in your way.
Back to top Go down
r_warwick
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: All Color Guards in a nutshell   All Color Guards in a nutshell Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 9:06 pm

h_wood wrote:
Warwick you always spell my name wrong! Grrr! What's with that?
I think we need to get down to buisness through the whole corp and stop talking about stuff, no offence but I'm ready to do some stuff like D&C instead of constant sitting in chairs.

dangit it was your first day, chill well get to cool stuff soon enough. before long you'll wish we just messed aroubnd
Back to top Go down
j_brown
Private No Insignia
Private No Insignia

PostSubject: Re: All Color Guards in a nutshell   All Color Guards in a nutshell Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 9:07 pm

Will we have time to Practice this stuff befor we test to see if we get on team?
Back to top Go down
r_warwick
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: All Color Guards in a nutshell   All Color Guards in a nutshell Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 9:09 pm

of course brown, really thats about as much as youll be doing when youre on the team, practicing for the next gig
Back to top Go down
h_wood
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: All Color Guards in a nutshell   All Color Guards in a nutshell Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 9:12 pm

I learned Color Guards 16 count last year in Armed Drill before they started switching things around to be different. ^^
Back to top Go down
j_brown
Private No Insignia
Private No Insignia

PostSubject: Re: All Color Guards in a nutshell   All Color Guards in a nutshell Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 9:13 pm

Well i figured that much. But it'd be worth it.
Since I don't plan on goin into the army. One way I'll help is by displaying the flags, or emphasising them (like the guns), properly.
It's a great honor to be able to do such for our great nation.
Back to top Go down
r_warwick
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: All Color Guards in a nutshell   All Color Guards in a nutshell Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 9:14 pm

nice you got some patriotism there, brown, just never, ever call a rifle a gun! we can make you push for that.
Back to top Go down
j_brown
Private No Insignia
Private No Insignia

PostSubject: Re: All Color Guards in a nutshell   All Color Guards in a nutshell Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 9:15 pm

EEK! Sorry. It won't happen again.
Back to top Go down
T_Patterson
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: All Color Guards in a nutshell   All Color Guards in a nutshell Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 9:16 pm

Yeah I'm going to trust that you are dropping for that right now.
Back to top Go down
j_brown
Private No Insignia
Private No Insignia

PostSubject: Re: All Color Guards in a nutshell   All Color Guards in a nutshell Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 9:19 pm

Yes Lieutenant Colonel.
Back to top Go down
h_wood
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: All Color Guards in a nutshell   All Color Guards in a nutshell Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 9:20 pm

Hahahaha! Calling a rifle a gun, that's a funny no-no. I like the saying for that, bwahahaha!
Back to top Go down
j_brown
Private No Insignia
Private No Insignia

PostSubject: Re: All Color Guards in a nutshell   All Color Guards in a nutshell Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 9:23 pm

Go to sleep Hanna. Better yet walk 3 feet. Then you'll fall over and get a concusion, then u can sleep for a while.
Back to top Go down
j_trimble
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Male Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: All Color Guards in a nutshell   All Color Guards in a nutshell Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 9:29 pm

Hey guys, just a quick note. Keep the colorguard related topics to the colorguard thread here. If you wanna tell Hanna to sleep, that's better put on the Fun Chat area, ok guys? We're trying not to let these threads get too long..
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/adrunkenmexican
h_wood
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: All Color Guards in a nutshell   All Color Guards in a nutshell Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 9:29 pm

Just because I've done that before doesn't mean you can keep bringing it up Jady! Seriously though, you don't know the saying? I guess you can just figure that one out on your own. I don't feel like explaining it to you, besides you would have been in the wrong thread for that anyway.
Back to top Go down
d_trevino
Private No Insignia
Private No Insignia

Male Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: All Color Guards in a nutshell   All Color Guards in a nutshell Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 8:34 pm

So when are try outs for colorguard teams? Question
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All Color Guards in a nutshell   All Color Guards in a nutshell Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All Color Guards in a nutshell
Page 1 of 1